Friday 22 July 2016

Banana bread with blueberries

In my fruit bowl lay two very, very overripe bananas, almost quivering with potential and 'readyness'. I'd had it in my mind that I wanted to make some banana bread, but, never having enough time, it kept being postponed. However, today I had some hours off in the afternoon, so I decided to go for it and get creative. I followed the BBC Good Food recipe but made some little tweaks, which I detail for you below (bolded for the differences)... Enjoy, it's a smasher.

Banana bread with blueberries
Ingredients:
140g butter
140g golden caster sugar
2 medium eggs (not beaten)
140g self-raising flour
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
3 handfuls of blueberries
(no baking power, no icing sugar, no banana chips)
bundt tin (I used my unpatterned one for this recipe - next time, when I'm feeling braver, I'll use my more intricate Scandi tin for a more elaborate cake design!).

Method:
Follow the method from the BBC website but just change the ingredients as above. I plopped the blueberries into the last mixing; they do this incredible thing where they burst and start to bleed into the cake; little pockets of juicy heaven. I found that there was no need for baking powder - the cake rises absolutely fine with just the S-R flour.








No comments: