Sunday 30 July 2017

The calming power of (caffeine-free) tea

After watching Slumdog Millionaire for the third time this weekend and, once again, succumbing to the uncontrollable sobbing that seems to lend itself so well at the end, I felt I needed a little pick me up. Now, as someone who can't drink caffeine (the jitters seem to hit me very hard), I've been delving into the herbal tea world. I've always been a pretty stalwart fan of Tea Pigs teas - thanks to their commitment to using the whole plant in their pyramid bags, but I have now been introduced to Pukka teas, and I am extremely impressed.  Their interesting and unique flavour blends are simply divine, and not to mention unique, for example turmeric, liquorice & cinammon and elderberry & echinachea; and the blends for example "detox" and "love" (let's see f these work...!), they have that pleasing and wholesome whiff thanks to the ingredients being ethically sourced and organically grown. All very good stuff.  I am currently making my way through a most delightful blend called Womankind, which is a mixture of camomile, cranberry, vanilla and orange.  Let me reassure any fruit tea abstainers - this is not a fruit tea. It is delightfully subtly sweet and it gives you that feeling of having a luxurious pudding after a meal when the waistline / purse is stopping you from having one.  I'm a big fan, and I will be continuing my quest to try out all the Pukka teas in the land.


No comments: