Tuesday 4 October 2011

The last month or so ...

Deary me! It has been a while since my last post.   This is because I have been caught up working.   Yes, working.

Firstly, I had an incredible time interning for four weeks at delicious. magazine where the small-knit team made me feel welcome instantly.   I was given quite a bit of writing copy and subbing to do, which was not only a great honour ('really? you want me to do this?! yippeeee!'), but also thoroughly enjoyable (check out 'What's in Season' in the current issue, out now in all supermarkets and newsagents).   I also wrote the November e-newsletter, and got to grips with CMS, which, is actually quite similar to the format of writing a blog, so, although infuriating and seemingly complicated at times, I did get the hang of it quite quickly.   I was sad to leave, and, armed with some chicken and salad (there is lots of food to sample at delicious.) I said my goodbyes and thanks.    

I then jumped into the fashion world, and became an 'op girl' at London Fashion Week where I guarded the Buyers Lounge (and its accompanying coffee machine and plate of pastries) with my life.   One of my responsibilities was to make coffee for the buyers, so I made roughly 500 espressos a day for the top bananas in the fashion world.   About half way through I was asked if I was fed up of doing this, but I really wasn't: I liked having my own little area to organise and I took pride in ensuring the buyers' comfort.   The compliments they left me with at the end of the week were truly heartening - I must have been doing something right!  

Two superb experiences, where I met wonderful people, who had the time, energy and patience to share some of their wisdom and work with me, whilst working at the top of their game.   Inspirational.

No comments: