Tuesday 26 July 2011

Drifting Away at the Dove Spa

Today I went and had a Drift Away treatment package at the Dove Spa in Virgin Active, just off High Street Kensington.   I arrived on the third floor a little apprehensive, as this was only the second massage I had had.   Moreover, as a girl who will not freely whip off her clothes for just anyone, I felt slightly odd shaking hands with a girl who was, in ten minutes time, going to see my with very few clothes on.   I made a joke about it (a little Chandler Bing-esque, I'm afraid) and then I relaxed into it as Brooke, the masseur, made me feel at ease with her quiet professionalism.   Once I had filled out my questionnaire (insurance that I probably wouldn't die on the massage table), I was led up to a dimly lit room with relaxing whale sounds and sea music tinkling from the sound system.   Brooke asked me to take off my clothes and lie down on my front on the table, which I did.   She then proceeded to give me a back exfoliate treatment, a back massage, a facial and a head massage that all lasted for an hour.   All the treatments were amazing, enhanced by the fact that she didn't feel the need to chat to me and ask me about my day (I had an irritating experience of this at a different spa: it was totally unrelaxing answering inane questions about my holidays plans)!   Once the massage had finished I floated out of the gym and wandered, oozing calm and serenity, down High Street Kensington.   Bliss! 

No comments: